I compiled a list of Thirty things I want to achieve before I turned 30 years old (that’s in April 2015). It’s a work in progress with some long term, some short term tasks on the list. Get into it, volunteer to help. It’ll be fun.
1. Do a road trip of Australia with a car load of friends (ahem, sign up here).
2. Go to the Arctic and/or Antarctic.
3. Have a crack at stand-up comedy.
4. Learn how to roast my own coffee.
5. Be a publisher (or editor or boss lady).
6. Disappear for a while.
7. Walk a long, long distance over a long weekend.
8. Cook a really fancy pants dinner for eight or more of my friends (and no, those chocolate pots won’t be on the menu. Banoffee may be.) Doneski! 18th of June 2011 in Manchester.
Go to a silent disco. Done! 7th of August 2010, Edinburgh Fringe Festival
10. Get another tattoo.
11. Go to Russia.
12. Create a photography camp with my friends, to teach young people good photo skills.
13. Write, produce and film a project with John, Scott, Jayne et al.
14. Hold a Drinking Game film festival.
15. Spend a night in an alternative cover band / supergroup. The set list would include (but not be limited to) Powderfinger, The Whitlams, Phoenix, Placebo, The Swell Season and, and, and.
16. Hire a bouncy castle. Not invite children to bounce.
17. Design, create and wear a dress.
18. Skinny dip in the Indian Ocean.
19. Read all the Popular Penguin books. (In progress)
20. Cause a scene in a public place.
21. Spend a day being entirely frivolous.
22. Hold an entire conversation using only quotes from The West Wing, Mad Men, Gilmore Girls or Zoolander.
23. Destroy something… yes I know that’s not descriptive enough.
24. Play Goon of Fortune.
25. Create my own pub quiz.
26. Spend a day being ambiguous about my nationality, ie. Not sounding Australian.
27. Live in Melbourne.
28. Enter the Miss Priscilla competition at the Parkes Elvis Festival.
29. Be interesting enough to be interviewed. (Done. August 2011 with two ill-timed phone interviews to Australia about all the riot palaver happening in Manchester.)
30. Do bog laps of the Fremantle Cappucino Strip (or other like road) with the car stereo blasting some 1960s tunes. And not look in the least bit embarrassed.