May 27, 2010 by jessperriam
So there’s the serious about page, when you land on the front page.
There is so much more to me than that.
Here are some other useless yet nonetheless interesting things you might like to know about me:
1. I am fanatical about good coffee. I will make thoughtful suggestions of areas for improvement if my coffee isn’t right.
2. I have a mild distrust of men (or women for that matter) who wear bow ties as part of their business ensemble. It just strikes me as quirky, in a bad way.
3. I like long car trips. I like them more when I’m the one driving.
4. When I get fidgety and start doodling, I will draw either spirals or rows of triangles/diamonds.
5. I don’t like change very much but I relish the feeling of conquering a challenge. The two characteristics are rather incongruent and I cannot explain it.
6. The older I get, the more emotional I become and, the better I become at choosing where and when to reveal that.
7. Nothing is ever black and white for me, there are always shades of grey and deep thought and evaluation involved.
8. I am far better at expressing myself in the written word rather than verbally. I can’t think quickly enough to get the words and meaning perfect in a conversation. That’s often to my detriment; it also results in many angry one-sided conversations in the shower.
9. I like breakfast. But only on weekends. During the week, it’s very much an afterthought.
10. My signature dish is banoffee pie. It makes people happy.
11. Red wine is my favourite alcoholic beverage but it is also my worst hangover. What a double-edge sword. I can handle my beer very well, thanks very much.